My OH has always been a fan of having a 5 year plan, I on the other hand am very easy going and almost go with the flow of whichever way life wants to take me (within reason as I need a routine and think I also have mild OCD!)
After a slight blip in our relationship my OH decided we needed a 5 year plan for Kester Road in order for us to have focus, a tick-list almost of everything we want to achieve within 5 years. I was interested to know what his 5 year plan was as he is fairly reluctant with anything when it comes to the house or him forking out money.
I was pleasantly surprised when he came out with this:
Goal: To focus on one room/garden in Kester Road per year
Tick-list of sub goals to achieve within 5 years:
- Log burning fire in the living room
- New boiler and radiators throughout the house
- Re-plaster and decorate the living room and landing
- Re-plaster and decorate both spare bedrooms
- Custom bath panel for our teeny Bath
- Plant and re-turf the front and back gardens
- Replace the decking in the back garden
- Reclaim 2 metres of ‘no mans land’ at the end of our back garden.
- Raised veg beds, patio area and Pergola for our third garden
- Reflag the garden path with Indian Stone
Hopefully a few of these sub-goals we should be able to achieve this year especially in the garden, which I am hoping to focus on once the kitchen is complete.
Watch this space, it seems like there are exciting times ahead at Kester Road!
p.s. don’t forget to follow my journey on Insta @4_kesterroad